Pages

Saturday 12 October 2013

Simple Daytime Eye Make-up

Hello lovelies! It's a stay home Saturday for me and I decided to do a quick tutorial on a daily eye make-up. I just did it yesterday with my second haul of Nyx eyeshadows and I already had a compliment from a colleague :)
You will only use 2 eye shadows for this make up, it will lift up your eyes yet not too much for going to work. I will list the items at the end of this post.

Firstly, of course you will need to prime your eyes. I am using Ettusais eye zone tinted colour essence. It helps to brighten your eyes, hide the dark circles and adjust any eye pigmentation. It's also said to promote blood circulation on your eyes. I personally don't use any eye shadow base because I don't like too many stuff on my eyes, and this is sufficient to cover my dark rings. After that, use your favourite loose powder and sweep over your eyes.



Use a big eyeshadow brush and sweep on your favourite base colour. I usually like to use my MAC pro longwear paint pot in Let's Skate but for today I will use my latest collection of Nyx single eyeshadow in My Favorite Color. (It looks a little brownish on the picture below but it's actually a beige-y cream colour). You may also see big specks of glitter on my eye because this colour contains glitter that I deemed too big and rough.
It's ok to smear all the way up to your brow bone, or if you like you can just stop just before the brow bone.
 
 
 
Then use your smokey shadow brush with your favourite brown (preferably darker brown than copper or yellowish brown), brush the outer corner of your upper lids and slowly shading upwards to create a triangle. You can also stretch it into your lids but stay close to your lash line.
At the outer corners, sweep your brush upwards to create a winged look. It doesn't have to be perfect, so just brush along and have fun.
 
Brush a little also on your lower outer lids, to create a darker tone to your eyes. I feel that it actually helps to make your eyes look bigger. Just go halfway inwards on your lower lids so it doesn't look too strong for a day look.

 
Line your eyes with a black liquid eyeliner. I do it very close to the lash line and thin so it does not look too much or my eyes too black. Sometimes I realise that when I draw my eyeliner too black and thick, it makes my eyes look smaller... So be very careful with that. If you prefer thicker liners, start off with thinner lines and slowly thicken it.
Put on your favourite mascara and you're done for your daily eye make-up! Only two colours needed, ta-da!

 Here's how it looks like when you're done. Put on your foundation, eye brows (sorry I was so lazy to do my brows...) and blush, and you're good to go!

 
 
Please drop me your comments on this tutorial, I hope it adds on to your eye make-up ideas. I couldn't find many tutorials of eye make-up for Asians. Most of them are for Caucasians and certain colours do not suit Asian skin. Or otherwise they are too dramatic for a daily look. We usually don't want to look too "wayang" hehehe :)
 
Products used today.
 
Nyx Single Eyeshadow in My Favorite Color
 
Nyx Single Eyeshadow in Root Beer
 
Clio Liquid Eyeliner in Black
 
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara in Black
 
 
That's all babes! Stay tuned for more reviews and swatches xx
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment